About Using Help
To move through Personic WebBench Help
- On The WebBench Main Page, click the Help button in the upper-right corner.
- To go to a topic, do one of the following:
- In the Contents (in the pane at the left), click a topic name.
- From among the navigation buttons at the top or bottom of the Help pane, click the Top button to go to the first topic in Help, the Prev (Previous) button to move back one topic, the Next button to advance to the next topic in Help, or the Index button to go to the Index.
- In the Index, scroll to find the proper topic, then click the topic title to move to it.
- To go back to a previous topic, click your browser's Back button. You can click the button once for each topic you wish to go back. To cycle forward through the topics you've visited, click your browser's Forward button.
About Using Help
You can access Personic WebBench Help by clicking the Help button in the upper-right corner containing a question mark on The WebBench Main Page. When you call up Personic WebBench Help, it appears in a new browser window, so you can see it and Personic WebBench at the same time. The Help window is divided into two panes: the left pane contains the Help Contents, the right pane contains the Help topics themselves. You can move to a topic by clicking its title in the Contents. (Text you can click to move to another place in the program is called a text link.) You can also move from one topic to the next by clicking the navigation buttons at the top and bottom of each page. Holding the cursor over one of these buttons without clicking displays its name.
The right-most of the navigation buttons leads to the Index, which also contains topic titles you can click to go to those topics. You can scroll through the Index to see the topics in alphabetical order. You can also reach the Index by clicking its title in the Contents, where you can also go to the Glossary. Located just before the Index, the Glossary contains definitions of terms used in Help that might be unfamiliar to you.
You can also use your browser's Back and Forward buttons to move through Help. Because your browser can remember a series of topic pages in the order you visited them, clicking the Back button takes you to the previous page in the series. Likewise, once you've used the Back button to go back in the series, you can click the Forward button to advance to the next topic in the series.
As shown in the Contents, Help is divided into sections to help you find the type of tasks you're looking for.
- Welcome to Personic WebBench tells you briefly what Personic WebBench can do.
- Getting Started shows you how to start and exit the application and how to start using Personic WebBench.
- Getting Around in Personic WebBench introduces you to the Personic WebBench interface and tells you how to use its common components to both get around in the application and get your work done.
- The four sections that follow discuss each of Personic WebBench's main features typically used in hiring a new employee: creating and reviewing requisitions (Working with Requisitions), finding and viewing candidate resumes (Reviewing Resumes and Giving Feedback), scheduling interviews (Scheduling Interviews), and creating offers (Creating Offers). These sections discuss each stage as presented in Personic WebBench, the features and functions available in each, and the different windows or pages you may encounter.
- The Glossary defines terms unique to the application or that may be new to you.
- The Index lists terms and topics and provides text links for you to go directly to them.
Copyright © 1999, Personic Software, Inc. All rights